In Hoddevik there is a barn we call Tavaha Løa. There is a silo of rubbish in it. Everything we find on the kilometer long sandy beach in Hoddevik is gathered here, after a trip through the barn’s own sorting plant. In 2014, we wondered how long it would take to fill the silo with a landslide. Today, it has become a marine recycling facility and perhaps Norway’s most exciting place to experience and learn about marine sedimentation. Take a walk next time you are in Hoddevik! # tavahaløa
Find plastic and trash on the beach
Live on the sorting machine in Løa
The garbage is sorted into different categories
And stored and put out in the garbage silo
The goals for Tavaha Løa
- Visualize marine sedimentation in Norway.
- Norway’s coolest place to experience marine siphoning.
- Make Hoddevik Norway’s cleanest beach all year long.
- Provide for everyday cleaning and everyday hardships.
- Contribute to good statistics on marine sedimentation.
What have we found so far?
The project is realized with good help from